If you’re inclined to say–“What?! More pumpkin?” here’s the thing. This pumpkin stuff is self-perpetuating–I swear. See, you open a can and use half of it for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cake, and you have a bit left. So to use that bit for Pumpkin Crisp–so you aren’t wasting food, you open another can to add to it. Then you have a bit left–but not quite enough for Pumpkin Pie Dip…so you open another can…
It goes on, and on, and on. And still there is a Ziploc bag in the fridge right this minute, with a cup of pumpkin leftovers in it.
Someone stop me.
Pumpkin Pie Dip
1- 8oz. pkg cream cheese, softened
2-1/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Beat in the pumpkin, sour cream, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and ginger until blended. Serve with gingersnaps or Snickerdoodles or Molasses cookies or fruit or if you’re really adventurous–try it on banana bread. Do you get the idea that the possibilities are truly endless? All I can say about that is Yee Haw!
Be sure to store the leftovers in the refrigerator.
Makes 4 cups.
- 1- 8oz. pkg cream cheese, softened
- 2-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the pumpkin, sour cream, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and ginger until blended.
- Be sure to store the leftovers in the refrigerator.