Seriously now–who, on your list couldn’t use a lovely jar of homemade cocoa mix–hmmmm?
Luckily, it very simple to toss together and makes positively a ton…or about 10-11 cups of cocoa mix. Just perfect for funneling into a few pretty jars and tying with ribbon.
1-1/2 cups Hershey’s Cocoa
3 cups powdered sugar
5 cups Carnation powdered milk
1 cup Borden’s Non-Dairy Creamer
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Measure all of the ingredients into a mixing bowl and whisk them until they are evenly blended. Store the mix in a tightly covered container at room temperature until you’re ready to package it and pass it around to the neighbors. Unless, of course, you intend to save it all for…ummm…
Hey–not a bad idea!
Be sure to add a tag to the jar that says,
“Spoon about 1/4 cup of mix into a large mug. Stir in very hot water. Top with mini marshmallows or whipped cream. Sip ever so slowly in front of a nice, warm, crackling fire.”
For a little variety, try crushing candy canes and adding 1/2 to 2/3 cup to the mix.
- 1-1/2 cups Hershey’s Cocoa
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 5 cups Carnation powdered milk
- 1 cup Borden’s Non-Dairy Creamer
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Measure all of the ingredients into a mixing bowl and whisk them until they are evenly blended.
- Store the mix in a tightly covered container at room temperature until you’re ready to package it and pass it around to the neighbors.
4 Replies to “Chocolate Chunk Cocoa Mix”
So good! Yum! I want some.
We make this all the time, without the chunks, but I think I am going to do this one to make Christmas jars. Thanks for the idea. This will be fun!!
Hot chocolate is THE best! 😀 What a cute gift idea!