Yes. You heard me right. I truly did say Pumpkin Pie. Playdough. I really think you’re going to love this…
If you’ve ever made your own playdough, you’ll recognize the recipe—except that we’ve added some lovely spices that might just make you want to play with this stuff right alongside your kids. I first saw this on Dresses ‘n Messes. Be warned though, this recipe makes a lot–all that you see here–7 portions the size of large oranges. With any luck, you’ll have enough to share with all the neighbors–or to use as Christmas presents. Oh, and by the way–it was so easy–I was stunned.
Fun, yummy smelling stuff.
Pumpkin Pie Playdough
5 1/2 cups flour
2 cups salt
8 teaspoons cream of tartar
3/4 cup oil
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 small container pumpkin pie spice
orange food coloring–if you want–2 parts yellow, 1 part red
4 cups water
Mix all ingredients together. Cook and stir constantly over medium heat until lumps disappear. Knead the dough on floured surface until smooth.
Seal in clean, decorated frosting tubs, labeled “Playdough.” Snap on the lid and there you have it. You could even add some playful cookie cutters to a ribbon tied on top.
- 5½ cups flour
- 2 cups salt
- 8 teaspoons cream of tartar
- ¾ cup oil
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 small container pumpkin pie spice
- orange food coloring--if you want--2 parts yellow, 1 part red
- 4 cups water
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Cook and stir constantly over medium heat until lumps disappear.
- Knead the dough on floured surface until smooth.
- Seal in clean, decorated frosting tubs, labeled "Playdough."