This Valentine’s Day I was positively determined to have the best Grammy treats in the history of Grammy treats–for when the kids came with their Valentines.
I have no idea if I pulled it off–but for me, it was pretty close.
I made a lovely little butter cookie dough and at the last minute, I added the remaining bits of the freeze-dried strawberries (mostly pink dust) from the can in the cupboard.
That’s what all the red flecks are that you see in the dough.
In the summertime, I saw this sweet little cookie cutter stamp from William Sonoma.
Anyway, I think they are simply adorable…don’t you?
As I was painting little jelly hearts in the center of each one the nursery rhyme about the Knave stealing the Queen’s tarts kept going through my head.
His cookies look a lot like mine–only way bigger.
Mine are the perfect size–and worth stealing all the same.
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsps baking powder
- decorating sugar or jam
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Combine flour and baking powder.
- Gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape with cookie cutter or press.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Decorate with sugar if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- If you used a cookie with a jam well in the center--carefully spoon in a small amount of jam in and let the cookies cool completely.