This pretty little wind chime is much easier to make than I would have thought. And you know how I feel about doing really hard stuff–and calling it crafting. Don’t like it one little bit. So, please trust me when I say this one is fun, fast and pretty dang easy…or it wouldn’t be here.
What you’ll need:
red, white, and blue craft foam
small hole punch
50 gold or star brads
30 small paper clips (ours were gold)
1 white hanger
24 white or clear pony beads
13 bells (ours were 3/4 inch gold)
1. Cut out a 4 1/2- by 4-inch blue craft foam rectangle. Punch 4 evenly spaced holes on one of the long sides of the rectangle and 7 on the other.
2. Space the brads or stars evenly on the blue rectangle.
and affix them.
3. Cut out 7 red craft foam strips: three 1/2 by 8 inches, four 1/2 by 3 1/2 inches. Cut out 6 white craft foam strips: three 1/2 by 8 inches and three 1/2 by 3 1/2 inches.
4. Punch holes in both ends of all of the strips and thread paper clips through all the holes.
5. Attach the 7 short strips to the bottom of the blue square. Thread 4 paper clips through the holes at the top of the blue square.
6. Slide all the pieces onto the hanger–with 2 or 4 beads between–to form the flag.
7. Attach a bell to the clip on each strip.
Let freedom ring…or…
if you please.