Beckham Noodle has a new love…
besides Aunt Jillian, that is.
And life has new meaning.
Let me explain…
Beckham is surprised at the feeling of cold water in his lap…
Lily thinks, “Hmmmm….looks fun…”
“…I believe I shall try it.”
Note: Some items may cost a bit more these days than when these prompts were originally written, but hopefully it will still be helpful to have a nudge to gather these items each week.
Twenty-six years ago when Lyndi, my second daughter was born, Grama brought little April to the hospital to see us and of course her sweet baby sister. Filled with new mama hormones and missing my “original baby” desperately, I was nearly in tears when she burst into the hospital room–just a few hours after the birth.
To my surprise, she ran right past me and my outstretched arms, around the big bed and straight to the isolette that Lyndi lay wrapped in. She climbed right up onto the side–with dad steadying it–and leaned over so close that she could nearly lay her head on the baby’s chest.
Because she was only 21 months old I was nervous that she’d be too rough and pokey–but just as I took her little arm to help her back down, she breathed a huge sigh, and whispered, “Ohhhh—I missed you.”
There were no words at that moment…
…and there are no words for this.
April’s twins–Lily and Beckham–celebrated their 1st birthday this week.
It’s so hard to believe that we’ve known these sweethearts for a full year.
First to Babies R Us for the perfect car seat–times two.
Then home to dress for the party…
Of course there were presents…
and new toys.
The perfect baby day.
We love you!
1. The snow coming down as I type. Our state always needs more water. So it’s a big deal to get all this new stuff. I just want to be snowed in at least once in my life.
2. Pink lights on a canopy bed. It’s very exotic and makes me feel particularly fancy somehow. Even if I’m just wearing a sweatshirt and jeans.
3. A baby girl who loves her monkey.
4. A baby boy who loves to laugh.
5. A baby “chomp” who could show up any day now. Maybe we’ll wake up one of these mornings and Lyndi will have a sweet, warm bundle all cuddled up with her. I suppose, in real life we’ll know when she decides that she’s truly coming. But since Lyndi is having a home birth–it could be a surprise for us–any time now.
6. A well attended puzzle on a wintery day.
7. Dear friends in a beautiful place.
8. A beautiful place
9. A pristine kitty
10. A letter from a happy boy in a very cold, faraway land.