Oh, yummmm! The tender melty taste of real live butter-mints, only in a cookie. No lie. The first bite is such a surprise–you may need to prepare for a mild addiction…of a sort.
One batch was just not quite enough–
So plan accordingly.
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
1-1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract
1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
Pastel colored sugar
In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners’ sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in extract. Gradually add flour and mix well.
Roll tablespoonfuls of dough into balls. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; flatten with a glass dipped in colored sugar—think Easter colors. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Yield: 3 dozen.
Found in the pages of Taste of Home magazine.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ½ cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Pastel colored sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in extract.
- Gradually add flour and mix well.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of dough into balls.
- Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; flatten with a glass dipped in colored sugar---think Easter colors.
- Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until firm.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
5 Replies to “Buttermint Cookies”
I think Baby Chomp has the right idea! YUM!
I think we better have a taste and report our findings – hint, hint.
See you Wed.
Yeah–this batch lasted one whole day. wow.
These were sooo much different than other cookies I tried… such a neat texture. Not crumbly… but melty-ish. They ARE like buttermints. 🙂