If you’d like to make these cute little “Flap Lock” Origami Envelopes–all you’ll need is a piece of square paper…any size. I used Christmas scrapbook paper.
1. Fold the paper in half to form a triangle.
Make sure your edges are even.
2. Take the top corner of the first layer and fold it down to the bottom edge.
3. fold the right corner about 1/3 of the way to the left.
4. Take the left corner and fold it to the other end. Your envelope should be rather square shaped now.
5. Fold the point of the flap over the other flap back to the left edge of the model.
6. Fold the point of the flap up to the top corner of the flap.
6. Make a squash fold on this flap.
7. Make sure you flatten it well, as this will help secure the envelope closed.
8. Fold the very top point down to the bottom edge. Or, the bottom edge of the square you formed by “squashing.”
9. Put the top flap (the portion you just folded down) into the “pocket” that was formed by the squash fold.
And there you have it!
Now scurry off and make a million of these–or at least 24 if you’re using them for the Family Advent Countdown Calendar.