Prepare yourselves, my dearies–because this little cheesy, hammy, egg-y, potato-y bit of Heaven is a breakfast dream come true!!
I’m all about anything that is easy and quick to toss together, in the first place. But to know that this is a wholesome, protein-packed day starter is a huge plus. Pretty sure the littles will even eat this one.
And get this–you can throw everything together the night before–if that floats your boat! Just put all the ingredients into the pan, cover it with foil and poof! Ready for the morning. It does take about 40 minutes in the oven, but you know that’s how long it takes to get all those kiddos ready anyway, right? Of course, right.
Oh, one last thing. Four ingredients.
Un-huh. That’s what I said.
Frozen, shredded hash browns…
and diced ham or cooked, crumbled sausage…
and of course, eggs.
Yeah. You ow me big.
Amish Cheesy Potato Egg Bake
4 cups frozen, shredded hash brown potatoes (Don’t use a different kind of potatoes–or it won’t work the same way. )
4 cups– plus a handful for topping–shredded cheese (cheddar, mozzarella, or Swiss-or a mixture of two)
1 cup diced cooked ham, cooked sausage, or cooked and crumbled bacon
7 large eggs
Put frozen, shredded potatoes and shredded cheese in a large bowl.
Add ham and toss to mix thoroughly.
Whirl eggs in the blender with a pinch of salt and pepper.
Pour eggs over the other ingredients and mix well till the egg is distributed evenly.
Pour into a greased 9×13 pyrex baking dish.
Bake for 35 minutes at 350 degrees.
Sprinkle a bit more shredded cheese on top and bake for 5 more minutes.
Allow to settle for about 5 minutes before serving.
- 4 cups frozen SHREDDED hash browns
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup diced ham
- 7-8 eggs
- Put frozen, shredded potatoes and shredded cheese in a large bowl.
- Add ham and toss to mix thoroughly.
- Whirl eggs in the blender with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Pour eggs over the other ingredients and mix well till the egg is distributed evenly.
- Pour into a greased 9x13 Pyrex baking dish.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle a bit more shredded cheese on top and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Allow to settle for about 5 minutes before serving.