Since quite a few people voted that I make all three recipes in the poll–and since I secretly wanted to make them all ANYway, I started with the Two Ingredient Lemon Angel Cake.
Now, you may recall that when I found this yummy thing on Pinterest, the recipe was actually called Two Ingredient Lemon Bars– from Practically Living, but I saw fit to…change the name a bit. I’ll explain in a minute.
The instructions are sweet and simple. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Open a 15 oz. can of Lemon Pie Filling and stir it together with an Angel Food Cake mix. Just whisk together until the cake mix is completely incorporated into the pie filling.
Spread gently into an ungreased 9 x 13 baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes–edges will be slightly browned.
Cool completely and slice. This was a lovely light and fluffy dessert, very, very much like lemon angel food cake. In fact, it was sturdy and spongy enough that we could eat it with our fingers.
That’s why I didn’t call it a Lemon Bar–because it didn’t behave like one. Still very good and so dang simple to make. It could be one of those panicky little recipes that you throw together when you find out a half hour before you have to be somewhere that you were suppose to bring a dessert.
On a side note, since the cake was very delicate in flavor, and I’m a bit of an extremist–I made the Lemon Bread Glaze and drizzled it over the top of some of the bars for an extra zing.
Then, I promptly ate them all.
- 1 Boxed Angel Food Cake mix
- 1 -15 oz can Lemon Pie Filling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Open a 15 oz can of Lemon Pie Filling and stir it together with an Angel Food Cake mix.
- Just mix together until the cake mix is completely incorporated into the pie filling.
- Spread gently into an ungreased 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes--edges will be slightly browned.
- Cool completely, slice and serve.