You could probably make big money selling this recipe on the black market. If you do–remember…I get half. :]
Secret Magical Stuffing
(For a Bus Load of People)
8 small cans of Campbell’s Chicken Broth (Please don’t substitute something else–it won’t be the same)
6-1/2 cubes of butter
3-1/2 Tbsp salt
2 medium onions diced up or run through blender
1-1/2 Tbsp pepper
4 Tbsp sage
1 Tbsp chicken bouillon powder
8-10 loaves of dried, broken up bread (Depends on how big the loaf is)
You are gonna need a big bowl. And no, sorry, you can’t borrow ours…we’re using it.
Dry bread for at least 3 days–5 is better. It needs to be dried hard. Don’t toast it in the oven–it will crumble instead of break. Break it up in a huge bowl. Reserve about 6 cups of the broken bread off to the side. Boil all the other ingredients together for about 15-20 minutes. Pour a cup full at a time over bread and toss until the bread is well coated. You will have some saturated pieces and some that are still dry, so I stir through the bowl and take many of the soaked pieces and smush them onto the dried pieces as you’re tossing it. That’s really the best way to distribute the broth evenly. If you have plenty of broth, add the rest of the reserved bread a little at a time. Put bread in a foil lined pan and cover with foil–shiny side towards bread– at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. Use a spatula and turn the stuffing in the pan so the top pieces can have a turn getting brown and golden. Bake for another 30 minutes. For the last 5-10 minutes, remove foil so the top can be toasty as well. This is the best stuffing in the world.
You must trust me on this.
- 8 small cans of chicken broth
- 7 cubes of butter
- 3-1/2 Tbsp salt
- 2 onions diced up or run through blender
- 2 Tbsp pepper
- 4 Tbsp sage
- 1 Tbsp chicken bouillon powder
- 8-10 loaves of dried, broken up bread
- I’ve added a much smaller version of the recipe–about 1/6 the size of the one above. The instructions are basically the same.
- 3 cans Campbell’s Chicken Broth
- 2 cubes Butter
- 1-1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 Onion diced or run through a blender
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Chicken Bouillon Powder
- 2- 3 Loaves of Bread
- Dry bread for at least 3 days–5 is better.
- Break it up in a huge bowl.
- Boil all the other ingredients together for about 15-20 minutes.
- Pour a cup full at a time over bread and toss until the bread is well coated.
- Put bread in a foil lined pan and cover with foil–shiny side towards bread– at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. Turn bread in pan and return to oven to brown again for 30 minutes.
- For the last 5-10 minutes, remove foil so the top can be toasty as well.