I’m thinking that being able to make an honest to goodness crispy chicken tender — just like way better than what you’d buy at some fancy, expensive restaurant should make you a really valuable woman. Don’t you think? I expect the marriage proposals to come flooding in–non-stop.
Ok, no I don’t. But I’ll tell you this…
If I was married to some cute little farmer man–maybe even with a Scottish accent—he would be falling madly in love with me all over again because, you see, I’m magic.
I can make Crispy Chicken Tenders.
Oooh, ooooh, oooh–so can you…
Put two cups of flour in a bowl.
Add 1-1/2 Tbsp Seasoning Salt. If some other chickeny spices sound good to you, add them to the flour. Personally, the seasoning salt works for me.
Soak a package of boneless, skinless chicken tenders in buttermilk for about 20 minutes. You may be asking, “how much buttermilk, lady. How much?” I’d say about 1-1/2 -2 cups. Save some for later.
Mix seasoning spices into the flour.
Ok, it’s later. Drizzle a few drops of butter milk onto the flour mixture. “Why?” you may ask. Well, I can’t tell you yet.
Fluff the buttermilk drops into the flour mixture with a fork…
…until little crumbles form.
Dip each piece of chicken into the flour mixture. Isn’t it cool how the crumbly pieces actually stick to the chicken? Remember the drizzling buttermilk? That’s why.
Deep fry the tenders until golden brown–about 3 minutes on each side.
Remove from heat and cool on paper towels. Look at all that crunchy stuff!
The temptation will be to grab one and take a big bite–but be warned–these things are dreadfully hot. So let them sit for awhile, while you make a salad or something.
Oh, I know…
How about if you just bask in the glow of perfect Crispy Chicken Tenders, and your magic-ness.
You’re gonna make lots of friends now.
And if you happen to see my little farmer man with the Scottish accent wandering around out there somewhere, nudge him in the right direction.
He really doesn’t know what he’s missing.I found this recipe on Pioneer Woman. So there.
|Perfect Crispy Chicken Tenders|
- 2 Cups flour
- 1-1/2 Tbsp Seasoning Salt
- Boneless Chicken–cut in strips
- Put two cups of flour in a bowl.
- Add 1-1/2 Tbsp Seasoning Salt.
- Soak a package of boneless, skinless chicken tenders in buttermilk for about 20 minutes.
- Mix seasoning spices into the flour.
- Drizzle a few drops of butter milk onto the flour mixture
- Fluff the buttermilk drops into the flour mixture with a fork until little crumbles form.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the flour mixture.
- Deep fry the tenders until golden brown–about 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove from heat and cool on paper towels. Look at all that crunchy stuff!