I was just dinking around on YouTube the other day and found the opening theme songs to some reeeeally old—and I’m not kidding—TV shows. Now, I realize that these critters truly date me in a pretty unflattering way, but I’m a sturdy mountain woman. I’ll handle it. Besides, it will be so good for all you “youngsters” to see what was on TV back when there were 5 channels and most of the them were in black and white. Besides, they’re pretty funny–in a lame sort of way.
For those of you who don’t know who Patti Duke is, she played Helen Keller in the movie, “The Miracle Worker,” and is also the mom of Sean Astin (Sam in “Lord of the Rings”) and Mackenzie Astin (Iron Will)
1. The snow coming down as I type. Our state always needs more water. So it’s a big deal to get all this new stuff. I just want to be snowed in at least once in my life.
2. Pink lights on a canopy bed. It’s very exotic and makes me feel particularly fancy somehow. Even if I’m just wearing a sweatshirt and jeans.
3. A baby girl who loves her monkey.
4. A baby boy who loves to laugh.
5. A baby “chomp” who could show up any day now. Maybe we’ll wake up one of these mornings and Lyndi will have a sweet, warm bundle all cuddled up with her. I suppose, in real life we’ll know when she decides that she’s truly coming. But since Lyndi is having a home birth–it could be a surprise for us–any time now.
6. A well attended puzzle on a wintery day.
7. Dear friends in a beautiful place.
8. A beautiful place
9. A pristine kitty
10. A letter from a happy boy in a very cold, faraway land.
Be sure to check out the “Grateful List” tab. This will be our never-ending happiness list. Reply to this post and let us know what makes you happy. We’ll just keep racking them up until we get…oh, a million or so. :] You can send as many, as often as you’d like.